There are 3 great activities for kids nearby the Anchorage Cruise Port. First, the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center, which is about 43 miles (69 kilometers) south of Anchorage on Senard Highway, is a great opportunity for children to get a close look at bears, eagles, elk, bison and other local animals. Second, the Anchorage Museum of History and Art in downtown Anchorage offers great exhibitions from local and world artifacts. The exhibition features pieces from the Smithsonian collection of Alaska Native Art. Finally, there is the Anchorage Zoo on 4731 O'Malley Road. To get there from the port, head south on the Anchorage 1 Highway for about 20 minutes. This zoo showcases local animals that have been rescued from life-threatening injuries. The crowd favorites are the grizzly and the polar bears. For more information, read our feature article Anchorage Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
- Cruise Ports
- Alaska Cruises
- Glacier Bay Cruises
- How Can My Kids Have Fun at the Anchorage Cruise Port?
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?