Families should keep in mind that most family activities in Anchorage are either in museums or national parks. The Anchorage Zoo (20 minutes south on the Anchorage 1 Highway) is a favorite from children of all ages, because they can come face to face with rescued wild animals such as bald eagles and grizzly bears. Of course, the stars of this show are the polar bears. Another great option for family fun in Anchorage is the Alaska Native Heritage Center on 8800 Heritage Center Drive. This is a place to learn about native Alaskan and American cultures with interactive displays, native dance performances and much more. At the center you can also sign up for hiking and outdoor activities. For more information, read our feature article Anchorage Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
- Cruise Ports
- Alaska Cruises
- Glacier Bay Cruises
- What Kind of Family Fun Can Be Had near the Anchorage, Alaska Cruise Port?
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?