The must-see sector of Anchorage is the nearby downtown area, because it is the main historic area and it holds most of the shops, hotels and tourist activities. From the port, head south on E Loop Road for about 8 minutes. If you're looking for great sightseeing and outdoor opportunities, head to West Anchorage, about 15 minutes southwest from downtown Anchorage. There you will find the historic Bootlegger's Cove area and the Earthquake Park. When visiting the park during the summer, make sure to bring mosquito repellent. From the park you will have amazing views from the Mount Denali, Alaskan chain, and the Chugach mountain range behind downtown Anchorage. For more information, read our feature article Anchorage Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
- Cruise Ports
- Alaska Cruises
- Glacier Bay Cruises
- What Sort of Entertainment Options Are In/Around the Anchorage Cruise Port?
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?