The tourist pier where the tenders take cruise passengers do offer some shopping possibilities for visitors, but these are limited to the usual tourist souvenirs, as well as items like sunglasses, T-shirts and flip-flops. For a slightly more authentic experience, step out of the tourist zone gates and visit the flea market at Fort Street. This market offers general souvenirs and more interesting local crafts, and the market vendors will haggle if you want. Also, beyond the waterfront are other local shops with unusual items for sale. Keep a look-out for stores selling the work of local artists and craftspeople. For more info, see Belize City Port Guide
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?