The nearest beach is just a short drive heading east on the Highway 3 towards Boca Chica. Boca Chica is the most popular resort town, and it has the most modern facilities. However, keep in mind that all beaches of the Dominican Republic are within less than a 4-hour drive, so you if have sufficient time available you will be able to visit them all. Some popular beaches to the west of Boca Chica are Palenque and Nizao. While the beaches of Haiti are just a short drive away from the port, it is not recommended to visit them without a local guide. For more information, read our feature article Santo Domingo Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
- Cruise Ports
- Caribbean Cruises
- Is the Port of Santo Domingo within Walking Distance to the Beach?
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?