The official currency used in and around the Cozumel port is the Mexican Peso. It is a good idea to have handy at all times a good mix of coins and bills in denominations smaller than 200 Mexican pesos, or you will be in the uncomfortable situation of losing money because of the seller or retailer "not having change." Never try to pay small purchases with a 500 or 1,000 Mexican peso bill because retailers will just turn you down, and it is considered rude. Although U.S. dollars are widely accepted around the island, keep in mind you will never be given the official exchange rate. Instead, locals use an easy conversion of 10 pesos for every $1.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?