Cruise ship passengers have shopping options available within walking distance from either the cruise terminal or just a short drive away at the city center. The Mercado Modelo in Avenida Mella is another shopping option. One must-do activity is to visit the Colonial City, which is the first city established in the Americas by Christopher Columbus. Here you will landmarks such as the Museo de las Casas Reales and the Called de las Damas. It is a good idea to check the local baseball calendar for scheduled games of the world famous Dominican Major League Baseball League, which features games from local teams and from international ones. For more information, read our feature article Santo Domingo Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?