Given that Cozumel is a Caribbean island across the Yucatan Peninsula in southeastern Mexico, the official language spoken around Cozumel Port is Spanish. Keep in mind that the Spanish spoken in Cozumel is very similar to that heard around southern Mexico, so be aware that the locals will use the same slang and idioms from that region. The tourism industry is the biggest income-earning opportunity for locals so English is also widely spoken around the island. Most staff at the Cozumel port of call is fully bilingual. Expect port staff to use American English, as well as American idioms and slang.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?