When in Cartagena, it is worth remembering that Colombia is the world's leading producer of emeralds. There are great savings to be found here, sometimes up to 50 percent off US prices. However, caution should be taken and visitors should not wear a lot of jewelry or show any cash. Gold and emeralds are the main choices for visitors wishing to purchase jewelry in Cartagena. Try Lee Miles' store, Mister Emerald, which is located in the Pierino Gallo Plaza, El Laguito. It is easily reached by a shortish taxi ride from the port. For more info, see Cartagena Port Guide
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?