If you just have a couple of hours available, you can do most of your shopping right at the cruise terminals, either the Sans Souci or the Don Diego. If you arrive at the Don Diego terminal, then you will be closer to the city center. In general, you will find most of the shops clustered within the Distrito Nacional municipality. Head to the Mercado Modelo in Avenida Mella for a good selection of handicrafts and souvenirs. If you prefer a more upscale shopping experience, head to Las Atarazanas. Popular souvenirs are cigars and jewelry made out of amber. For more information, read our feature article Santo Domingo Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?