The U.S. dollar is the main currency used around the Jost Van Dyke city and port. Keep in mind, however, that there are no ATMs in the island. Make sure to bring enough U.S. dollar bills in various denominations to the island. Most vendors are reluctant to accept bills larger than $50. Most stores take Visa and Mastercard, but American Express is often not available. There will often be a foreign transaction fee added to every credit card transaction. Therefore, it is a good idea to check with your credit card company about these charges to avoid surprises. Finally, some locals might allow you to do a cash advance for a fee.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?