Cologne Port is a busy city port in west central Germany located right on the Rhine riverbanks. Aside from being a port, Cologne also plays a huge role in Germany's transportation industry. The Hauptbanhnhof transportation centrum is located in the city center and trains going to all parts of the country leave the centrum hourly.
The city is called as such because the manufacture of Eau de Cologne started there. The following Cologne port of call FAQs will give travelers a peek to what’s in store for them once they dock at the port.
1. What’s the Cruise Port Address?Harry-Blum-Platz 2
Cologne 50678 Germany
2. What’s the Cruise Port Phone Number?0221 390-0 0221 390-1343 fax
3. What’s the Cruise Port Parking Like?
Tourists and travelers can park in the port’s outdoor parking area visible from the port. It is secured and highly guarded by the port authorities.
4. How do You get to the Cruise Port?
Take the A3 in the Frankfurt direction if you come from the North or Dortmund. At Kreuz Koln Ost, follow the road to Koln Zentrum. Turn to your right to the main street and drive towards Dohm. Once you find yourself in Dom, turn right again towards the city’s railway. The port is 200 m away from the railway.
5. What Cruise Lines use the Port?
The cruise lines that dock at the Cologne Port are:
- River Empress
- River Ambassador
- River Queen
- Viking Sun
- Viking Helvetia
- MS Amacello
6. What’s the Nearest Airport to the Cruise Port?
The port of Cologne is 15 km away from the nearest airport, Cologne Bonn Konrad Adenauer Airport. It serves domestic and international flights in Cologne.
7. What Attractions are Near the Cruise Port?
The Kolner Dom is a world-famous cathedral done in Gothic style. Another must-see attraction near the port is the Museen Der Stadt Koln Museum located beside the Dom Cathedral. The Restaurant Alt Koln across the cathedral serves traditional dishes and features an ornate animated clock that reverberates every hour.
The Cologne Zoo is a modern zoological garden where visitors can view the animals in glass enclosures instead of iron bars. An elephant park was opened last 2004 and the zoo is also famous for its primates. An aquarium, terrarium and insectarium can also be visited inside the zoo.
8. What Hotels are Near the Cruise Port?
Hotels located nearby the port are:
- Star am Dom
- Lindner Hotel Dom Residence
- Hotel Ludwig
- Intercontinental Koln
- Motel One Koln West
- Hotel Am Augustiner Platz
- Hotel Konigshof
- Leonardo Hotel Koln
- Savoy Hotel Koln
- Hotel Uhu Garni
- Excelsior Hotel Ernst
- Euro Garden Mark Hotel
- Barcelo City Center Hotel
- Hotel Restaurant Burgerhof Cologne
- Leonet Hotel Cologne
9. What Restaurants and Shops are Near the Cruise Port?
Restaurants nearby include:
- El Gaucho-Argentinisches Restaurant
- Le Moissonnier
- Peter’s Brauhaus
- Sweet Sushi
Travelers can shop at the following shopping centers:
- Schopping Paradise
- Cologne City Center
- Chocolate Shop
- 4711 Shop
10. Are Ships Docked at the Port, or are Passengers Ferried from the Port to the Ship?
Passengers are docked directly at the port.