The Temple of Poseidon at Sounion generally takes a half-day to enjoy from the Athens Port. Buses typically run every hour on the half-hour from the coast and the entire trip takes about two hours, one way. Buses can be caught at Pedion Aeros, near the National Archaeological Museum or about a block from Syntagma Square. Most tourist guides recommend seeing the Temple of Poseidon early in the day, so check the current bus schedule to find out when transportation begins running. If you head to Sounion later in the day, keep in mind the temple closes at sunset and plan accordingly. For more information, read our feature Athens Port FAQ
- Cruise Ports
- Europe Cruises
- How Do I Get to the Temple of Poseidon from Port of Piraeus by Bus?
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?