The island is known for its crafts, including hand-painted ceramics, lace, hand-woven blankets, sweaters, baskets, tea, pineapples and more. One of the best shopping areas is Parque Alantico mall. Here you will find over 100 stores with handcrafts and much more including a large supermarket and plenty of restaurants. There is also the Hypermarket that offers visitors a movie theater. The Centro Comercial Solmar has a variety of fast food restaurants, bookstores, clothing stores and more. Do not buy souvenirs from the sea animals. Some sell whale bone, ivory, dolphin tooth, turtle shells and shark tooth, and this is forbidden. For more info, see Ponta Delgada Port Guide
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?