One of Taormina’s most famous sites is the Cathedral of St. Nicolo. Within these walls of the cathedral lies the Byzantine Madonna, which is an oil painting of the Madonna with layers of beautiful stones covering the painting. It doesn’t matter where you are in the town of Taormina if you want to see the Byzantine Madonna. Since the town is relatively small, many sites are within walking distance. The Byzantine Madonna is located on a hill at the top of the town. It is near the lookout point of town, near the Belvedere and off the roads of Via Pirandello and Via Guardiola Vecchia. For more information, read our feature article Taormina Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?