With a variety of things to do around the port in Ponta Delgada, you will fill your time ashore. Visit a pineapple plantation where you learn what it takes to grow the fruit. There are 23 mineral hot springs for you to visit. Take in the flavor of the capital city of Ponta Delgada by visiting historic churches, the fort, shops and eating seafood. Enjoy the town of Ribeira Grande which is the oldest city on the north coast. For you more adventurous cruisers, try a whale and dolphin watching trip, view Fire Lake from the summit of Pico da Barrosa Mountain or see the center of the crater, Sete Cidades which is 8 miles in circumference. For more info, see Ponta Delgada Port Guide
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?