There are no grocery shops nearby the port, so you will need to head to the main center of the city. You can easily flag down one of the cabs parked nearby the port strip and ask to head to the "centro." While U.S. dollars are accepted, it is a good idea to carry local currency, because grocery stores accept dollars at a discounted exchange rate. If you're looking only for snacks or a quick bite, you can try heading to the nearby Paseo de Los Turistas. For more information, read our feature article Puntarenas Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?