Puntarenas has something to offer to everybody. History buffs and fans of the pirate era can visit the Historical Maritime Museum to catch up on the local history and its involvement in the era of the English and Spanish empires. Shopping enthusiasts will be happy to check out the Paseo de Los Turistas, which stretches from the old train station to La Punta. Here they can shop for handicrafts and souvenirs. There are several eateries as well. Head to Isla Pan de Azucar for some extraordinary birdwatching. Photographers from all around the world come here to marvel at various species of seabirds. For more information, read our feature article Puntarenas Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?