The Rio de Janeiro port is quite far from the city center and from most of the tourist spots. This is why it would be best to ride a shuttle service to go around the city. Join organized excursion tours if your cruise itinerary includes one. Walking, especially at night, is not recommended for tourists because of the high level of crime. It would be safer to ride the shuttle service or to hail a taxi. Just make sure that if you're going to ride a cab, you know your route and destination. Get a hold of map, and study it prior to your trip. For more information, read our feature article Rio de Janeiro Port FAQ on CruiseReviews.com.
- Cruise Ports
- More Cruise Destinations
- How Do I Get to the Rio de Janeiro Cruising Port from the City Center?
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?