The Bermudian dollar is the official currency in the area, and it can be obtained or exchanged near the port upon arrival. However the United States dollar is also commonly accepted at the shops and the restaurants in and near the St. George Port. Both the Bermudian and United States dollar are of equal value, so it does not matter which currency you choose to use. Some people find it fun to obtain the local currency to use while they’re docked and shopping for refreshments and souvenirs, so there is no confusion when it comes time to make a purchase from local vendors. For more information, read our feature article St. George's Port Guide on CruiseReviews.com.
Find a Cruise
Recent Port Guides
- What Kind of Sailing Opportunities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are Some of the Better Places to Eat Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Major Cities Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Are the General Weather Conditions Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Beaches Are Near Guadeloupe Port?
- What Family Attractions Are Near Bequia Port?
- What Sort of Water Sports Are Available at Bequia Port?
- Are There Sailing Opportunities at Bequia Port?
- What Kind of Fish Can I Catch at Bequia Port?
- What Night Life Spots Are Found Near Bequia Port?