The Carnival Fascination is considered to be one of the best ships for first-time cruisers. She is based in Jacksonville, Florida, and offers cruising all year round to The Bahamas. Most of the cruises on this ship are 4 or 5 days in duration. Most of the passengers hail from southeastern states close to the port of Jacksonville. The ship's interior has a distinctive Hollywood theme.
- Fun Key West, Bahamas, and Half Moon Cay destinations
- 3 restaurants and several additional food service areas
- Comfortable cabins with great amenities
- Several personalized fitness options
- Excellent opportunities for teens
The main dining rooms, Imagination and Sensation, have a varied menu that includes several options for special dietary needs. Some of the main options include steaks, seafood, and yummy desserts. The ship offers a specialty dining option called Chef's Table. The experience includes a reception, kitchen tour, and multi-course dinner.
Coconut Grove Bar & Grill has a number of buffet stations serving items for all 3 meals. Pizza, burgers, and hand-carved turkey are all immensely popular here. The pizza and ice cream stations are kept open 24 hours a day.
For lighter, casual fare, you'll want to visit Bogart's. This cafe serves a variety of sweet pastries and gourmet coffees. A sushi bar has all the favorite sushi offerings. A poolside grill serves up burgers, hot dogs, and chicken. Room service is available 24 hours a day.
Entertainment and Nightlife
The Palace Lounge is the main place for live stage shows, with good sound and lighting systems. It comfortably seats 1,300. Most of the shows are Broadway-style revues with eye-catching costumes. Diamonds Are Forever is the main dance club, with decor inspired by diamonds.
Passage to India has a pair of elephant statues at the entrance that make a good photo opportunity. If you prefer just a quiet place to enjoy drinks and conversation, there are several other lounges to choose from.
- All cabins have upgraded beds and bedding
- Flat-screen TV's with several channels and interactive features
- Twin beds can be converted into a king-size
- Bathrooms are stocked with toiletries
- 54 cabins have private balconies
- Penthouse suites feature private living areas, balconies, and whirlpool tubs
- Corkscrew waterslide in the pool area
- 12,000 sq. ft. spa has a number of treatments to suit all needs
- Adults-only Serenity area
- The spa has an updated fitness center
- Personal trainers and private fitness lessons are offered
- 9-hole miniature golf course, jogging track, basketball court, volleyball court
- Special golf lessons by Elite Golf Cruises are offered
- Galleria mall has a variety of stores
- 10-station Internet cafe, with wireless access throughout the ship
- 1,200 sq. ft. conference room for business passengers
A $10 daily gratuity applies, with 15% added to beverage tabs
Taking the Kids
The Fascination utilizes Carnival's popular Camp Carnival program, complete with age-appropriate activities under staff supervision. The Children's World play center has a wealth of fun activities for younger kids. For poolside fun, kids will enjoy the Carnival Waterworks Aqua Park. Teens have their own club to visit, giving them a break from parents and younger siblings. They'll also be pleased to know that the spa has special offerings just for them.