The Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Ship is the newest addition to the ever growing vessel line-up of topnotch Celebrity Cruises. The ship started its voyage in 2010 and will have the same features as its sister ships Celebrity Solstice and Celebrity Equinox.
- The ship will have cruises around Mediterranean and Europe.
- It was built by Meyer-Werft (Germany) in 2009.
- Cruise speed is 24 knots.
- Features include dining room, glass wine towers, and extravagant chandeliers.
- Celebrity Eclipse ship has a special AquaClass accommodation serving health conscious guests. This accommodation grants access to special spa amenities, exclusive Blu Restaurant, and AquaSpa room.
Just like the other cruise ships, Celebrity Eclipse cruise features several selections of dining establishments: Murano Restaurant, Tusacan Grille Restaurant, and Blu Restaurant.
- Murano Restaurant – This dining establishment features Intercontinental course meals from classic to modern inspirations prepared by world class chefs. To give you learn about the construction of a particular dish, you can ask the very informed wait staff.
- Tuscan Grille Restaurant – The casual restaurant offers freshly made food choices. The sumptuous food is complemented by the panoramic ocean view and Italian wines.
- Blu Restaurant – This is an exclusive eatery for Celebrity Eclipse AquaClass tourists. Healthy food is served in a soothing atmosphere ala health spa style.
Entertainment and Nightlife
For a taste of wine and spirits, you can visit the Cellar Masters. You can hang out here and have a taste of global wines and receive expert recommendations on drinks that would best compliment your dish.
For a taste of comedy, music, and performing arts, you can visit the Celebrity Central. The nightly performances are presented by invited international and local artists. On select nights, this place also offers film viewing.
For a night of meditation, you can hang out at the Sky Observation Lounge. The Oceanside view will give you space for deep thinking while you enjoy a glass of wine or coffee.
The cabins follow the Celebrity Cruise tradition of wide space and complete accessories. Expensive accommodation will have 44 m private balcony for ocean viewing. Cabins for special AquaClub guests feature spa-like qualities to enable guests to relax at all times.
The AquaSpa is an expansive relaxation center filled with therapeutic treatments from different cultures and scientific studies. The luxurious spa is a great way top off a day of shore excursion. Special AquaClub tourists will enjoy special spa amenities that are not available to other Celebrity Eclipse guests.
Daily gratuity rates are recommended. Room crew tips are usually $3 while restaurant crew is given $2. This is of course according to your discretion. Extra services such as shore excursions and wine drinking are added to your onboard account.
Taking the Kids
Celebrity Eclipse cruise is a family-oriented liner so there are activities and public rooms suited from kids to grandparents. Teens have a separate music room and activities.