Celebrity Millennium made its first appearance in 2000 and it is the first among the Millennium class ships. The Celebrity Millennium ship is the first one built after the Royal Caribbean International acquired Celebrity Cruise. This ship is an innovator. It is the first to use the GTS (Gas Turbine Ship} system that decreases emissions; it also creates less noise and vibrations; and it is the first to have exterior elevators which other cruise lines also adopted from then on. Celebrity millennium cruises are relaxing and presents an elegant atmosphere. Its amenities could rival the hotels on land. Its excellent atmosphere as Celebrity Millennium reviews says is inexpressible through words. It is not just a ship; it is a great experience waiting to be taken part on.
The dining experience in the ship is superb. Its superior and unique cuisine is something passengers of Celebrity Millennium rave about. Be waited upon by the restaurant’s accommodating crew; these people never forget to serve food with a smile. The average charge of food per person is $25 to $35.
- Olympic Restaurant – Considered as one of the ship’s exquisite restaurants. They are well known for their Rack of Lamb en Croute and Steak Diane.
- Metropolitan Restaurant – This is the ship’s main dining room. The décor and the serenity of the location is surely what you’d first notice. Their friendly waiters serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- AquaSpa Café - If you are health conscious, AquaSpa offers high-nutrition, yogurts, low-fat cereals and the like as an early morning meal.
- Seaside Café- Casual dining is available here. There is a sandwich and pizza counter, pasta and Asian food stations.
- Grill – This is another place for casual diner. Reservation is required for this establishment.
- Ocean Grill – Passengers have a choice of the ingredients they would like for their pasta and pizza. A casual dining experience is what this restaurant is known for.
Entertainment and Nightlife
The theater is three deck high which contains a circular balcony, all created for your viewing pleasure. It can seat 901 passengers. You can have a drink along Platinum Club, which houses the Martini and Champagne Bar. Cocktails are served in Rendezvous Lounge. Cosmos Lounge can be used as an observation lounge in the morning, which turns to a disco at night. Be up for a groove in the dance floor. The ship also houses a casino for those who want to try to earn extra cash.
There are 975 cabins inside the ship. Standard rooms have two convertible beds, a shower or bath. The amenities include a mini refrigerator, hair dryer and TV. Private butlers are available for those staying on a suite, as well as whirlpool tub, VCR, TV and internet connection.
AquaSpa is the place for those who want to keep fit while enjoying all the amenities onboard. You can also go to the Sunrise Deck to jog or to play gold. There is a golf simulator and jogging track in this area. The Sports Deck could be found on the top of the ship, if you’re in the mood to play some basketball. For children, there is the X-Club. This is an program design for families cruising in the ship. There are activities appropriate for each kid with trained counselors to watch them.
On Board Fees
Celebrity Millennium suggests a per-person per day amount for each service you receive. If you wish to have this automatically charged to your shipboard account, passengers can sign a form to do so.