The Disney Wonderis similar in size and style to her sister ship, the Disney Magic. This ship resonates with an Art Noveau decor inspired by the colors and patterns of the sea, much different than the art deco style of the Magic. The Disney Wonder is primarily used for shorter cruises to the Bahamas, alternating three and four-night cruises each week. However, it is also currently booking longer itineraries to Canada, Alaska and the Mexican Riviera.
- The Disney Wonder was refurbished in 2004 to provide more adult spaces like a coffee bar and a sports pub
- The ship provides a wide range of activities that appeal to passengers of all ages
- Adults will be pleased to find that adult-only areas are rarely crowded with so many families on board
- Bahamas itineraries make a stop at Disney's private island, Castaway Cay
- Rotational dining is an innovative approach that allows guests to experience a variety of dining experiences
The one dining feature that sets Disney cruises apart from the rest is their rotational dining experience. Guests take turns sampling cuisine at three distinctly different dining rooms throughout their cruise. Wait staff travels with their passengers, so everyone is guaranteed personal, friendly service no matter where they are eating. In addition to the evening dining opportunities, the Disney Wonder also offers a buffet restaurant for lunch and dinner, a pizzeria and a poolside grill. Palo is the adult-only restaurant, featuring Northern Italian cuisine for a small surcharge.
- Triton's offers and elegant setting and French-inspired cuisine
- Animator's Palate provides contemporary Pacific Rim cuisine in a setting surrounded by Disney movie cells
- Parrot Cay is a casual dining room offering Caribbean dishes in a tropical setting
- Goofy's Galley provides fruit, salad, sandwiches and a free ice cream bar
- Pinnochio's Pizzeria and Pluto's Doghouse both offer snacks and meals on the go
- Beach Blanket Buffet provides buffet dining for breakfast and lunch and table service for dinner
Entertainment and Nightlife
There is no casino on board the Disney Wonder. However, the ship features four nightclubs and an adult coffee bar, offering an array of live music, dancing and karaoke. Passengers can also catch a movie at the Buena Vista Theatre or a live show at the Walt Disney Theatre. A large screen above one of the pools also shows Disney movies outdoors day and night. Guests will enjoy the large deck parties that include plenty of music, dancing and favorite Disney characters.
The cabins on the Disney Wonder are larger on average than other ships. Many of the cabins are designed with families in mind, comfortably sleeping four or five people. Most offer a separate living area and split bathrooms that include two sinks and a small bathtub. Family suites offer balconies and additional space for a reasonable price. Larger suites are also available, featuring private concierge service, bathrobes and slippers, and other amenities.
The Disney Wonder features three pools, including one for adults only. The Vista Spa and Salon offers a wide range of services and the fitness center is amply stocked with equipment and instructors. Those who want to shoot some hoops or catch a game of ping pong or shuffleboard can visit the Wide World of Sports deck. Nightclubs also open during the day for family-friendly games and entertainment.