Most reviews of Holland America’s Rotterdam cruise ship and Norwegian’s Star cruise ship seem to prefer the Norwegian Star cruise ship. This ship is much more modern, larger, smoke free, and has lavish amenities and very exciting entertainment options. There is even an open-air bier garten. The fine-dining options also are rated higher than the dining options aboard the Rotterdam. There are more than 14 dining options in all, including gourmet French and Japanese restaurants. Although the Rotterdam cabins are relatively larger than most cruise ships, which guests seem to enjoy, there are garden villas aboard the Norwegian Star that are over 6,500 square feet and have 3 bedrooms in which guests may totally relax away their vacation. For more info, see our feature article Rotterdam Cruise Ship.
- Ships & Cruise Line Info
- Holland America
- Do Cruise Reviews Prefer the Rotterdam over the Norwegian Star?
Find a Cruise
Recent Ship Guides
- Are Costa Atlantica Passenger Reviews Mostly Positive?
- What Are the Top Entertainment Options on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are Common Onboard Expenses on the Costa Atlantica?
- Do Cabins on the Costa Atlantica Have Tea and Coffee?
- How is the Laundry Service on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are a Few of the Nightlife Options on the Noordam Cruise?
- Any Activities for Kids on the Noordamn Cruise?
- What Are Some of the Standard Amenities on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- Are There Yoga Classes Offered on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- What Are the Dining Options Like on the Noordam Cruise Ship?