For luxury cruising, the Queen Mary 2 offers high quality service, gourmet meals, spacious cabins with precise attention to detail. This cruise offers a wide array of exciting activates that are not available on other cruises.
- Specializes in cross Atlantic cruises
- 13 spacious decks
- Entered service in January 2004
- Considered "grandest" liner ever built
- Carries 3,056 guests
- Named by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Cunard Cruise Lines compares the dining experience on their cruise ships to 4 star restaurants around the world.
The service is white glove and all dining option are formal with the exception of the Boardwalk Cafe. All suites come with a reserved table in the sea-view Queens Grill Restaurant, but travelers can opt to make reservations at a variety of other dining rooms. One highlight is the Todd English Mediterranean cuisine option. Todd English owns the famous Olives of Boston, and was named one of the Top 50 Tastemakers by "Nation's Restaurant News."
- 24 hour complimentary room service
- Largest wine selection of any cruise ship
- All suites comes with their own reserved table in the elegant single-seating Queens Grill Restaurant
- Princess Girl Restaurant, an award winning dining room
- Britannia Club, single-seating dining room offering a la carte selections
- Todd English Mediterranean cafe offers reservation only dining
- Kings Court offers casual breakfast, lunch and late night buffet
- At night the Kings Court transforms into various multinational themed restaurants
- Golden Lion Pub offers traditional British pub food
- Sir Samuel is a coffee bar by day and a wine bar at night with a variety of sandwiches, salads, pastries and cheeses at night
- The Boardwalk Cafe by the Sun Deck pool is a casual eatery
- Queens Room offers a proper British afternoon tea with finger foods and white glove service
Entertainment and Nightlife
The Queen Mary 2 offers a variety of formal affairs such as the Black and White Captain's Ball or the Ascot Ball where guests can dress formally and dance until late at night. Gentlemen dance hosts are on board for ladies travelling alone. For a more informal dance experience, the G32 nightclub spins modern hits.
The Queen Mary 2 also offers elegant stage productions including a musical and Shakespeare performed by actors from London's Royal Academy of Dramatic Art. The Chart room offers live jazz, while the Commodore Club piano bar attracts a large crowd.
Golden Lion Pub offers reasonably priced pints of beer, while champagne is served at the Veuve Clicquot Champagne Bar. Sir Samuel's offers a variety of wine options.
Approximately 3/4 of the rooms on the Queen Mary 2 have a private balcony. The Princess or Queens Grill Suites offer more space and more amenities, and duplex apartments are available with over 2,000 square feet. These suites come with luxuries unseen on many other luxury cruises such as in room Xbox, butler service, shoe shine service, daily newspapers and manicure kits. One of the most unusual luxuries is a pillow concierge who provides 9 options of pillows.
Every room comes with a mini-refrigerator, bathrobe and slippers, and nightly turndown service with chocolates. There are plenty of choices in standard cabin categories. Even the cheapest suites aboard the Queen Mary 2 are comparable to deluxe suites on other cruises.
The Empire Casino offers guests a chance to test their luck at 13 gaming tables and 120 slot machines. Karaoke and darts are available, and Illuminations plays recently released motion pictures.
The Queens Mary 2 offers high end shopping options with stores such as Hermes and Swarovski. Insights, Queen Mary 2's academy at sea, offers a variety of classes, lectures and workshops. The Queen Mary 2 also has the largest library at sea. Bridge and board games are available every day.
There are a few pools and a fully equipped, luxury spa with a variety of treatments from around the world including the unique Aqua Therapy Centre and Thermal Suite. The salon offers a view of the expanse of the ocean. The salon and spa are so popular, that reservations should be made approximately 1 month ahead of the embarkation
Reservations at Todd English's Mediterranean Restaurant comes with an additional surcharge. Salon services also cost extra.
Taking the Kids
For children of all ages, the Queen Mary 2 offers two different play options. The Zone, a nursery staffed by professional nannies offers a variety of educational activities daily. The Play Zone provides older children a chance to partake in sports, games, scavenger hunts and more as they are overlooked by the Play Zone Youth Staff. A family pool is also available on board.