The National Geographic Explorer focuses on education, but that does not mean it is short on fun and entertainment. Unlike other cruises, the shore and at-sea explorations are improved through the use of modern devices such as undersea cameras and microphones. The remotely operated vehicle provides amazing underwater images. The ship offers 36 2-person kayaks for guests. You will start your shore excursions by boarding one of the 14 Zodiacs available. If you prefer to stay one day inside the ship, you will have a fitness center with aerobic and weigh-lifting equipment. Also, you will have a full-service bar, a library, a lounge, and a glass-wall observation deck. For more information, read our feature article National Geographic Explorer Cruise Ship.
- Ships & Cruise Line Info
- More Ship Reviews
- What Are the Recreation Options on the National Geographic Explorer?
Find a Cruise
Recent Ship Guides
- Are Costa Atlantica Passenger Reviews Mostly Positive?
- What Are the Top Entertainment Options on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are Common Onboard Expenses on the Costa Atlantica?
- Do Cabins on the Costa Atlantica Have Tea and Coffee?
- How is the Laundry Service on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are a Few of the Nightlife Options on the Noordam Cruise?
- Any Activities for Kids on the Noordamn Cruise?
- What Are Some of the Standard Amenities on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- Are There Yoga Classes Offered on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- What Are the Dining Options Like on the Noordam Cruise Ship?