The Dawn Princess belongs to the Sun class of Princess Ships, which also includes the Sea and Sun Princess. These 77,000-ton vessels were once considered the larger ships on the sea, but that distinction changed quickly with the rapid introduction of larger vessels. Currently, the Dawn Princess is docked in Australia; where a variety of itineraries are provided that include Australia, New Zealand, Asia and the South Pacific.
- The Dawn Princess offers both fixed-seating and personal choice dining options
- The decor is elegant and understated
- The ship offers a big-screen outdoor theatre for movies under the stars
- Turn down service with chocolates on the pillow is provided every night
- The ship boasts an art collection valued at more than one million dollars
In response to the requests of its passengers, the Dawn Princess now provides additional dining options. Guest who enjoy the traditional fixed-seating arrangement can still find that service in the Regency Dining Room. For those who prefer more flexibility in their dining schedule, personal choice dining is also available. The Dawn Princess also hosts the popular Sterling Steakhouse, which features a variety of Angus beef cuts prepared to passengers' specifications.
- The Sterling Steakhouse recommends reservations and there is a surcharge per guest.
- The Horizon Court provides 24-hour dining, with buffet service at breakfast and lunch and table service in the evenings
- Other casual dining options include Verdi's Pizzeria and the Trident Grill
- Sundaes Ice Cream Bar features Haagen-Dazs ice cream treats for a charge
- A wine and caviar bar and afternoon tea are also available
- Passengers also have the option of 24-hour room service with a limited menu
Entertainment and Nightlife
The Dawn Princess has three theatres; the Princess Theatre, the Vista Show Lounge and the Movies Under the Stars Outdoor Theatre. In addition to these larger entertainment venues, the ship also hosts many intimate lounges and a well-stocked casino. Shows are well produced and performed, and rival those on other cruise ships. Cabaret shows are also typical of what is seen on other ships and include comedians and musicians. The Wheelhouse Bar is a popular lounge for before and after dinner drinks.
Because the size of the ship tends to run in the mid-range, most passengers also find the cabins to be somewhat compact. The decor of the staterooms, like the rest of the ship, is understated and elegant, with lighter woods and pastel color schemes. More than 400 cabins boast balconies, with a variety of classes to choose from. The suites with balconies are much roomier, with 350 to 536 square feet of living space, two televisions, a refrigerator and a large closet.
The spa and fitness facilities on the Dawn Princess provide many activity options. Virtual golf is a particular crowd pleaser, but passengers can also choose from ping pong, basketball and a dedicated jogging track. The multi-level spa offers plenty of fitness equipment and personal training services. Three pools are included on the Dawn Princess, with the Sanctuary offering an adult-only spot.