The Emerald Princess is the sister ship of the Crown Princess and Ruby Princess. The Grand-class ship design is large, with all of the amenities expected onboard larger vessels. However, multiple options for dining, entertainment and recreation eliminate large concentrations of people in any single location. The Emerald Princess divides its voyages between the Mediterranean and the Caribbean.
- The Emerald Princess features a three-deck Italian-style piazza, complete with cafes and entertainment.
- Dining options include personal choice and traditional seating.
- The ship boasts 1.7 acres of outdoor deck areas and a plethora of recreational activities.
- The Emerald Princess offers a high ratio of balcony cabins, with a total of 880.
- Guests can choose from four pools, nine hot tubs and extensive spa facilities.
The Emerald Princess provides both personal choice and traditional seating in the three dining rooms onboard. In addition, the ship offers two premium dining options: Sabatini's, which offers an Italian menu; and the Crown Grille, Princess' seafood and chop house. There is a per-person service charge for each of these restaurants and reservations are recommended.
- The Boticelli dining room offers two traditional seating times.
- The Michelangelo and Da Vinci dining rooms both provide personal choice dining throughout the evening.
- The Horizon Court offers buffet dining throughout the day.
- The Cafe Caribe features themed buffets for lunch and dinner.
- The piazza includes a wine and sushi bar and a cafe featuring specialty coffees.
- Room service is available around the clock, and special meals can be served in cabins for an additional charge.
- Other food options include an ice cream bar, pizzeria and grill.
Entertainment and Nightlife
Traditional entertainment is available on the Emerald Princess, but equally popular is the traveling street entertainment that can be found around the piazza. Each lounge also provides its own style of nightlife, with Adagio and Crooners typically featuring live music, and Club Fusion providing the backdrop for the typical game shows found on most cruise ships. Skywalkers begins as a teen disco early in the evening, but is open to adults only in the later hours.
The Emerald Princess also offers multiple movie-watching venues, although the most popular is the large outdoor screen offering Movies Under the Stars. Movies may also be shown at night in the Explorer's Lounge. Gatsby's Casino offers a wide range of gambling opportunities and a cigar lounge.
Although interior and ocean-view rooms sport a fairly average size, the cabins feature a unique floorplan with a hallway leading to an open closet and bathroom. Princess also offers three different suite options, including family suites that consist of two connecting staterooms and sleep up to eight.
The Asian-themed Lotus Spa offers a wide variety of services, including outdoor cabanas in the adult-only Sanctuary for massages. The ship also offers an extensive fitness facility and a nine-hole putting course. Golf simulators are available so you can perfect your game before heading out to the breathtaking courses in the Caribbean.
A per person charge is added daily to your total bill for stateroom and dining personnel. In addition, an automatic 15% gratuity is added to all bar and beverage tabs.
Taking the Kids
Princess has come a long way in making her ships family-friendly. The Emerald Princess offers three youth clubs, divided by age for children 3 to 17 years. Younger children enjoy activities like scavenger hunts and themed parties, while older kids enjoy video games, music and board games in their area.