Like many other cruise ships, the Independence of the Seas charges gratuities. It has a prepaid gratuity plan that requires you to pay $9.75 per day, which will be charged to your onboard bill. This amount is made up of gratuities of $3.50 for the waiter in the dining room, $2 for the assistant waiter, $0.75 for head waiter and $3.50 for the cabin attendant. This gratuity plan is optional, but you have to enroll in the plan if you are choosing My Time Dining. You have to be prepared to pay gratuities for beverages that you order onboard, including sodas, cocktails and other drinks, as well. For more info, see Independence of the Seas Cruise Ship
- Ships & Cruise Line Info
- Royal Caribbean
- Is a 15% Gratuity Required on the Independence of the Seas?
Find a Cruise
Recent Ship Guides
- Are Costa Atlantica Passenger Reviews Mostly Positive?
- What Are the Top Entertainment Options on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are Common Onboard Expenses on the Costa Atlantica?
- Do Cabins on the Costa Atlantica Have Tea and Coffee?
- How is the Laundry Service on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are a Few of the Nightlife Options on the Noordam Cruise?
- Any Activities for Kids on the Noordamn Cruise?
- What Are Some of the Standard Amenities on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- Are There Yoga Classes Offered on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- What Are the Dining Options Like on the Noordam Cruise Ship?