The Monarch of the Seas is placed in drydock periodically to allow her to receive necessary maintenance and upgrades. The last major upgrade of the ship was completed in 2005. In addition to these upgrades, the ship also receives routine maintenance between cruises while docked at the home port. This includes any repairs that are necessary for the safety and comfort of passengers. Cruise ships like the Monarch of the Seas are kept well maintained in accordance with U.S. and international maritime laws. The ship is regularly inspected to ensure conformity to U.S. Coast Guard guidelines. For more information, visit our feature article Monarch of the Seas Cruise Ship.
Find a Cruise
Recent Ship Guides
- Are Costa Atlantica Passenger Reviews Mostly Positive?
- What Are the Top Entertainment Options on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are Common Onboard Expenses on the Costa Atlantica?
- Do Cabins on the Costa Atlantica Have Tea and Coffee?
- How is the Laundry Service on the Costa Atlantica?
- What Are a Few of the Nightlife Options on the Noordam Cruise?
- Any Activities for Kids on the Noordamn Cruise?
- What Are Some of the Standard Amenities on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- Are There Yoga Classes Offered on the Noordam Cruise Ship?
- What Are the Dining Options Like on the Noordam Cruise Ship?